Submitted by: Veronica Gantley
I have a really large family. So when I am asked to bring a dish to a function, this is my go to recipe. It has that crab delight or fake crab meat in it. It is a lot less expensive than say a traditional seafood salad.
Have you seen the prices on shrimp, crab and scallops? That fake crab is a bit on the pricy side also, but nowhere near the real stuff.
It also has Old Bay in it and it gives it a distinct flavor. Every time I bring this to a function it really is the first to go.
You can also double or even triple this recipe if you need to. Either way, once you make this, it will be your go to pasta recipe like it is for me.
Seafood Pasta Salad
- 1 pound dry pasta twists
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound imitation crab meat chunks sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta twists in salted boiling water until al dente, approximately 10 minutes. Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl combine Old Bay, red wine vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise.
- Fold in celery, onion, pasta and imitation crab meat. Mix well.
- Chill several hours. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Another great seafood dish: