Contributed by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
Nothing is more wonderful than being able to serve your family and friends a compete well balanced meal in one little package. With a little preparation and plenty of down time during the baking process, you will have enough time to set the table without stress. And when it comes time to eat, you can be sure to have enough because you are making one for each table guest.
Nutrition for one serving: 420 calories, 11.8g fat, 51.6g carbohydrates (4.3g sugars), 30.7g protein, 115mg sodium
Sensational Stuffed Peppers
- 5 medium to large peppers
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Cook rice according to the box instructions. Set aside.
- Brown the turkey in a large sauce pan, on medium high heat. Add the chopped onion, spices, and tomato paste. Cook until well done. Set aside.
- When cool, mix the rice and turkey onion mixture in a large bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting of the top and cleaning out the seeds and membranes.
- Align the peppers on a baking sheet. Use foil to level them if necessary. You can also add toothpicks to the bottom of the peppers to help them stand on the baking sheet. Just remember to remove them when you eat a pepper.
- Fill each pepper with the turkey-rice mixture and place the tops back onto the peppers.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 until the peppers are semi-soft. This will ensure a good crunch when the peppers are reheated.
Check out the incredible step-by-step pictures on Crystal’s website!
Other Great Recipes Using Ground Meat:
Yes! Your Mamas Meatloaf
Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Tomato Sauce