Submitted by: Jessica Flatley
I love guacamole but I don’t need the onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro when avocado tastes so good on its own! Pair that with my favorite flavor – citrus – for a fabulous mini-meal comprised of two superfoods. Avocado has more potassium than a banana with much less sugar, so whip up this 3 ingredient recipe in only 5 minutes when you need a satisfying snack. I always serve this avocado and lime dish at events, parties and especially for Sunday game day and the Superbowl. Don’t forget the gluten free chips or veggie crudite for dipping!
For more photos and information on this simple guacamole recipe, check out the original post here!
Simple Guacamole Recipe
Makes 1 cup
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- Gluten Free Chips (Sea Salt Pop Corners)
- Slice and scoop out the middles of the avocado into a bowl. Throw away the pit and the skin.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime over the avocado. I am obsessed with my citrus press so use one if you have it.
- Add a pinch of sea salt (1/4 tsp.)
- Mash and mix it all together until it is creamy. I don’t have a mortar and pestle since my apartment lacks cabinet space, so I use a bowl and a potato masher.