Here is an easy recipe that’s so decadent with a nice bold taste of espresso. Anyone who has tried them really loved the moist, dense texture as well as the richness in flavor. Hope you make these and enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 105.3, fat 4.6 g, carbs 15 g, fiber 2 g, sugars 8.2 g, sodium 40.4 mg, protein 3.1 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Easy And Decadent Espresso Brownies
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, use a good quality for best taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
- 4 Tbsp very soft unsalted butter
- 2 large or extra large egg whites
- 1 large or extra large whole egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp espresso powder
- 6 ounce container non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips, or your favorite dark chocolate chip
- chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. (Not 350) line an 9 X 9 square baking pan with tin foil and have a little overlap on two sides for easy lifting out. Mist with cooking spray. Set aside. (You can use an 8 X 8 baking pan for thicker brownies, both ways is fine)
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until nice and creamy. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla and coffee powder. If needed, use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides. Continue to beat until all is combined well.
- Slowly add the dry mix into the butter mixture. Mix at low speed so the flour does not go flying everywhere. When all is incorporated well, add the container of yogurt and mix with a rubber spatula until the batter is one color. No yogurt streaks.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 18 to 22 minutes. Turn the pan around after 10 minutes for even baking. A toothpick or wooden skewer should come out with moist to dry crumbs. Try not to over bake.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes then lift the foil up and let cool the rest of the way right on the wire rack. Slice into 16 squares. YUM!
Excellant Recipes Using Espresso:
Rich Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Easy Decadent Brownie Pie
Amazing Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake