This recipe is so easy and fun to make with the kids. My son Josh and I just made these and of course he loved pressing the button on the blender to whirl the mixture up. This is a healthy alternative to the frozen popsicles you get at the market, and they are extra special because they’re homemade. They also have a nice amount of vitamin C and potassium to seal the deal. I hope you have fun making these as much as we did, and even more fun eating them while they drip down your arm! Enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 121, fat 0 g, carbs 29 g, fiber .9 g, sugar 26 g, sodium 8.4 mg, protein .5, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Sweet Fat Free Homemade Orange Popsicles
Makes 4 large pops
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin orange slices in light syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice with pulp — try to use fresh squeezed because it makes a difference in the recipe (one large orange should yield enough juice)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Popsicle molds — found at any market, or Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc. this time of year. They usually cost less than $2. If you don’t have molds you can use paper cups with popsicle sticks
- Add the entire can of mandarin oranges along with the orange juice, honey, and vanilla to a blender (I used a small personal blender and it all fit).
- Whirl up until smooth.
- Pour into 4 molds. Close molds and stand them in the freezer on a paper plate lined with paper towels.
- Freeze until firm; at least 4-6 hours.
Enjoy this yummy and cool treat!
The Taste of Oranges Light Up These Recipes:
- Light and Luscious Orange Cinnamon Flan
- Delicious Orange Scented Chia Seed Muffins
- Creamy Dreamy Orange Cheesecake