I recently made these celebration cupcakes for a friend’s birthday. I have a mommy group that I attend monthly and when it’s someone’s special day, we always bring a cake or cupcakes. It was my turn so of course I couldn’t go out and buy a cake or cupcakes. We usually let ourselves go off our “diets” and have a special treat, but why should we have to?
To say the least, these were a huge hit with the girls. I brought copies of the recipe with me because I knew they would want one. If I am showing off, I can’t help it. LOL! They really tastes rich and fattening but they are certainly not! Try this amazing cupcake and let me know what you think.
Nutrition: calories 146.8, fat 1.6 g, carbs 32.4 g, fiber 0.2 g, sugars 21.3 g, sodium 295.1 mg, protein 1.2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Celebration Cupcakes With Fluffy White Frosting!
Makes 18 large cupcakes
For the cake batter:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix, Party rainbow chip flavor
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or any store brand egg substitute
- 1 four ounce jar baby applesauce
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 12 ounces plain seltzer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
For the fluffy frosting:
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp powdered egg whites
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2-4 tbsp sifted powdered sugar if desired.
- Decorative sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place cupcake liners in muffin pan and set aside until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all the ingredients in and with a rubber spatula, mix well. Make sure you get to the bottom of the pan and bring up all the dry mix to incorporate into the wet ingredients.
- Now switch over to a hand mixer and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. The batter should be nice and fluffy.
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take out of fridge and with an ice cream scooper or a 1/3 cup measure, fill each cup. You should have enough for 18 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out with dry crumbs or clean. Make sure you turn the pan around after 10 minutes for even baking.
- Place on a cooling rack. Let cool for about 20 minutes in the pan then take out and place each cup on the cooling rack.
- At this time, start your frosting. In a large mixing bowl, add your ingredients except for the powdered sugar. Mix with an electric mixer until thick and fluffy. Do a taste test and see if you want to add the powdered sugar. This is a personal taste. Sometimes I add the sugar and other times I feel it’s sweet enough. Either way, they will be delish!
- You will have plenty of frosting to frost each cupcake. Now sprinkle to decorate if you want and take a big bite and have fun! YUM!
Try out one of these cupcake recipes next time you are looking for a delicious hand held dessert!