Why pay $5 for a chai latte when you have all the ingredients in your pantry to make your very own? Anyone who likes chai tea will love our skinny version, especially since it’s decadent and easy to prepare. I make this latte all the time whether it’s for visitors or a special treat just for me. From my home to yours, enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 127, fat 1.5 g, carbs 29.9 g, fiber less than 1 g, sugar 29.4 g, sodium 73 mg, protein 4.1 g
Chai Tea Latte
- 3 tea bags — I use decaf but you can use regular if you’d like
- 12 oz boiling water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla creamer from the refrigerated section of your market
- 2 tbsp aerosol whipped topping – 1 tbsp topping for each latte (optional)
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Steep 3 tea bags in 12 oz boiling water for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir well.
- While that is steeping, warm milk in a small saucepan and add brown sugar. I use a small wire whisk to mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the tea bags and add the tea mixture to the milk mixture.
- Whisk well.
- Add the creamer and stir.
Pour into your favorite mugs and share with someone you love. Enjoy.