My sister Rhonda was just here for a visit. I just happened to make this fudge cake and was so happy that she was here to give me her input on this new recipe. Well, I’m happy to say that she loved it! My sis and my family felt it had a nice silky texture and was also rich and light all at the same time.
So here it is,: one of the easiest cake recipes you will ever make. Hope you all love it as much as we do. Look how low the calories and fat are for a nice size piece!
Nutrition: calories 116.3, fat 1.4 g, carbs 23.8 g, fiber .8 g, sugar 14 g, sodium 245.2 mg, protein 2.6 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Chocolate Silk Fudge Cake
- Betty Crocker super moist cake mix — dark chocolate or any of their chocolate flavors
- 1 6-8 ounce container fat free plain Greek yogurt, or 1 cup of light sour cream, not fat free
- 1/2 cup skim milk or 1 %
- 1/2 cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray; this time I used spray with flour mixed in but you can use regular spray as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the whole box of cake mix, yogurt, milk and water along with the vanilla extract.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until well blended. Make sure you get all the dry mix from the bottom of the bowl incorporated well.
- Now switch to a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Place batter in fridge for about 15 minutes. This makes for a nice fluffy batter and lighter cake.
- Take out of fridge, pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for about 20 minutes. Turn after 10 minutes for even baking. Check with a wooden skewer or toothpick. If the batter is still wet, put back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes. You don’t want to over bake this cake. You will know its ready when dry to moist pieces are on the skewer or toothpick.
- Place on a cooling rack and immediately sprinkle the chips over the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Slice into 16 yummy pieces and enjoy!
Decadent Chocolate Cake Recipes:
Nothing Better Than Nutella Bundt Cake!
Amazing Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
Gooey Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake