This recipe is nice and easy and even though biscotti means “twice baked” you don’t have to with this recipe. My family likes softer biscotti so this comes out a bit softer on the inside but still has the nice crunch on the outside. Try it and please let me know what you think! I just made them yesterday and they are already gone! These are great for packing into lunch boxes and for a snack on the road.
Nutrition: calories 146, fat 4.6 g, carbs 26 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 16.5 g, sodium 64.5 mg, protein 2.4 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Cinnamon Almond Biscotti
Makes 24 giant size biscotti
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, crunched up a little
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup canola or avocado oil — I love avocado oil because it’s very
- buttery tasting
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or you can use 1/2 to 1 cup whole wheat
- pastry flour for some added fiber
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coarse sugar (optional) to sprinkle on top before baking for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and have ready to go.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand held mixer, add the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mix until blended.
- Add the flour slowly along with the baking soda and baking powder.
- Add in the crunched up almonds.
- Mix with the beaters until all is well combined.
- Take out half of the batter and place on the cookie sheet and form into a log. Now do the same with the other half of the batter. They will spread while baking so make sure you give enough room for each of them. The logs should be about 1/4 inch thick. This is an easy dough to work with.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Take out and let cool on baking sheet, about 15-20 minutes.
- The best way to slice is to place on a cutting board and slice in half first and then make six slices on each side of each loaf. You should end up with 24 large biscotti cookies. I hope you love them!