So, here is another recipe made with my all time favorite ingredient, Nutella! This is a really simple recipe and the whole family will love them. I get many requests when we have friends over. I hope you try this and enjoy as much as we do.
Nutrition: calories 76.3, fat 3.3 g, carbs 10.9 g, fiber .2 g, sugars 8.1 g, sodium 31.8 mg, protein .8 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
Crispy Chocolate Nutella Balls
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3.4 cup Cocoa Krispies, you can use all Rice Krispies if you like.
- 11 large marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 9 Tbsp Nutella
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk chocolate or semisweet chips
- 1/4 tsp canola oil or any mild oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Have a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and set in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Melt in microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Take out, stir and place back in for another 30 seconds until comptletly melted.
- Stir in the vanilla and Nutella. Keep stirring until the Nutella is well incorporated. If you have to, place back in the microwave for a few seconds to loosen up the Nutella. Then stir again.
- Now, stir in the cereals. Spray a large rubber spatula with cooking spray and mix well. Try not to break up the cereal.
- When all is combined, take the cookie sheet out of the fridge and use a small cookie scoop to make Nutella balls. If you have to roll them a little after you scoop do so but it’s ok if they look rustic. Should make 28 balls. Let set up for a few minutes on the counter.
- Time to melt the yummy chocolate, Place in a small to medium microwave safe bowl with the small amount of oil for about 30 seconds. Take out, stir and place back in for another 20 seconds. Stir again and do this until smooth and shiny.
- Take a teaspoon or fork and drizzle away. If you have some leftover, spoon the rest on some of them. I never waste any chocolate, ever! This is the time to sprinkle the sprinkles if using them.
- Place in fridge for about 10 minutes until the chocolate sets up and enj
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or in the fridge up to 3 days, let sit at room temp for a few minutes to crisp up again.
More Bite Sized Dessert Recipes: