Hi friends, here’s a very easy recipe that’s cool and refreshing. Look how low the calories are! Enjoy a few anytime of day! YUM!
Nutrition – per yogurt bite: calories 20.3, fat 0 g, carbs 3.8 g, fiber 0.3 g, sugar 2.3 g, sodium 6.8 mg, protein 1.3 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 1
Frozen Fruit and Yogurt Bites
- 1 6 or 8 ounce container fat free vanilla or honey Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp Cool Whip light or free, thawed
- 10 small strawberries, washed and dried well with stems removed
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled and cut up into little pieces
- 1 tbps fresh orange juice, optional
Have an ice cube tray and/or a small silicone mold ready for filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt and the Cool Whip together along with the orange juice (optional).
- Add some of the yogurt mixture to the molds; then add the cut up fruit (or if you’re using the whole strawberry, drop one in at this point). Fill the rest of the molds with the remaining yogurt mixture. It does not have to be level. You can make a mound on top if you’d like.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When frozen, pop bites out of the tray or mold. You might need to use a wet paper towel with warm water and hold it on the bottom of the mold to soften the bites for easy removal. In the picture I have some from an ice cube tray and others from a silicone mold that I got at Target. I cut them open so you can see how nice it looks with the fruit inside.
Have one, two, or three! Go for it!
PS – If you have yogurt mixture left over, use it all up; it stays in the freezer for days.