Gooey Chocolate Chip Cherry Brownies
Gooey Maraschino Cherry Brownies
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 10 -15 Maraschino cherries, chopped into little pieces
- 1 tsp Maraschino liquid
- 1 Tbsp Almond milk or low fat milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp powdered sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 inch non-stick square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, cocoa and mix well with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well until all is combined and with a rubber spatula, dig deep to the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 22-28 minutes. Do not over bake. Test with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Should come out with moist crumbs.
- Let cool on a wire rack and then cut when cooled but still a little warm and enjoy!
Whenever we go out for dinner with the kids, my son Josh always asks for seltzer with 2 Maraschino cherries. So this recipe was made especially for him. When I gave him a brownie, I didn’t tell him what was in them. He took one bite and said ” mommy, it’s cherries, the ones I love in my seltzer! ” Well, needless to say, he loved them and so did my daughter Tori and my husband as well. Give this easy recipe a try. Bet, it will be a sure winner.
Nutrition: calories 126.4, fat 4.8 g, carbs 22.7 g, fiber 1.8 g, sugars 15.7 g, sodium 39 mg, protein 1.9 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
More Decadent Chocolate Brownie Recipes:
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/skinny-gooey-cherry-brownies/