I live in New York and Diners are very popular here. It seems like they are on every corner! Whenever my family and I go out to eat at the diner I almost always order a half cantaloupe with Jell-O for dessert and you wouldn’t believe how much they charge for it! It’s just crazy! So I decided I would prepare it at home and pick my own fresh, ripe melon. This costs a fraction of what the diners charge. I even throw on some yummy berries for added fiber and vitamins.
Nutrition: calories 175.3, fat 0, carbs. 5.1, fiber 1.4, protein .04
Healthy And So Easy Cantaloupe Dessert
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe (save the other half for the next day)
- 1 sugar free/fat free Jell-O cup in your favorite flavor
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp Redi Whip aerosol whipped cream (or the generic store brand)
- Rinse the melon off with cool water.
- Cut the melon in half and wrap one half with plastic wrap and store in fridge until you’re ready for it.
- Cut a very small slice on the bottom of your cantaloupe slice so that it doesn’t roll around.
- Scoop out all the cantaloupe seeds and discard.
- Fill with your favorite Jell-O flavor. I like the lime or strawberry flavor with this recipe, but what you use is up to you!
- Add half of the berries and 1 serving (2 tablespoons) of the whipped cream. You can just eyeball the amounts.
- Add the rest of the berries on top and enjoy this refreshing treat!
Amazing Fruit Dessert Recipes: