Pumpkin Spice Harvest Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box Betty Crocker super moist vanilla cake mix — or any Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites from large eggs
- 1/2 can pumpkin — not pumpkin pie filling; pumpkin should be the only ingredient listed on the can
- 3 tbsp butter — melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup apple juice — keep it at room temperature
- 1/4 water — keep it at room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1 heaping cup marshmallow fluff — mist a measuring cup with cooking spray for easy removal
- 1 heaping cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 tsp cinnamon
- Candy corn (optional)
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tin or paper liners in cups and set aside until ready to fill.
- Pour the dry mix in a large mixing bowl. With a wire whisk, loosen up the mix. Start adding all of the ingredients one at a time, and stir with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- When all ingredients are incorporated, change over to a hand held mixer. Mix for about 2 to 3 minutes until nice and fluffy looking.
- Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap. Chill batter in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and fill the cupcake tins. I used an ice cream scooper. If you don’t have one, use about 1/3 cup batter for each cupcake. You should have enough for 18 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes; turn pan around after about 12 minutes for even baking. Cupcakes are done when a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool pan on rack for about 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool on rack until completely cooled.
- In the meantime, place all your frosting ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until fluffy using a hand held electric mixer.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost each one. You will have enough frosting for each cupcake. Decorate with your favorite sprinkles and enjoy!
I just love this time of year. There is a slight chill in the air, the leaves start to change color and harvest baking begins in many households. I love sharing recipes with friends and walking over to neighbors’ homes to bring them a fall treat. These cupcakes are made with my favorite cake mix: Betty Crocker and Land O’ Lakes light butter. I don’t know what I would do without these fabulous products! I hope you give these a try and enjoy them as much as we do around here.
Nutrition: calories 165.3, fat 3.5 g, carbs 30.7 g, fiber 1.1 g, sugar 17.2 g, sodium 249.5 mg, protein 3 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Delicious Pumpkin Treat Recipes:
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Ricotta Parfait
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Pumpkin Pie Latte