This is one of my kids favorite breakfast to make with me. We love it for a delicious snack or dessert too. One sundae only has 97 calories so you can indulge without the guilt (and even have two!). I hope you make this with your family or a special treat just for you! Look how pretty the presentation is.
Nutrition: Per cup – calories 97, fat 2.4, carbs. 11.8, fiber 1, protein 6.8, Weight Watchers points 2
Stuffed French Toast Sundaes
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Egg beaters (or any other brand )
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread (40-50 calories per slice, or your favorite bread)
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, strawberries (or use your favorite fruit. You can use more than one fruit or just have one – my picture shows only one fruit)
- 1 1/2 tbsp all fruit jam/ jelly
- Orange zest (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg beater, milk, cinnamon, and the one teaspoon vanilla together.
- Cut off the crusts of the bread. I save the crusts and feed the birds.
- Carefully dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and then press into the muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11-14 minutes (until you see them getting crispy). If you see some of the egg in the middle of the cup just push it down with a spoon and continue to bake until ready.
- In the meantime, warm the jam in the microwave for 11-15 seconds. The jam should now look more like a liquid.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, honey, and half teaspoon of vanilla until smooth.
- When the cups come out of the oven, wait a minute or two and take them out of the pan.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into each cup. Sprinkle the berries (or other fruit) on top and spoon the fruit spread over each cup. Add the orange zest (optional).
Now go and ENJOY!