Hi everyone, hope you all have tried our first version of vegan chocolate mousse. It is really rich and delicious. I made it with silken tofu. It was a big hit with viewers as well as family and friends. I wanted to try and put together another vegan mousse that could be made without the tofu but still be just as rich and wonderful as the first. Well, after four attempts, it’s here! Double Chocolate Vegan Mousse. It’s just divine. The best part is it’s so easy to make in just one pan. Give this a try and you won’t believe it’s not made with heavy cream, let alone no dairy at all! I would love to hear from you after you make it.
Nutrition: calories 68.4, fat 3.5 g, carbs 5 g, fiber .9 g, sugars 8 g, sodium 49.6 mg, protein 1.4 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 1
Vegan Double Chocolate Mousse, Version Two
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups low fat unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup good quality dark chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- slivered almonds or any nut, optional
- Have 8 mini dessert dishes ready to fill along with a large measuring cup or pitcher with a spout.
- In a small bowl, mix the cold water with the cornstarch; it works best with a small wire whisk. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cocoa powder and brown sugar with a wire whisk.
- Over a medium heat, slowly add the almond milk to the cocoa & sugar mixture, whisking all the while. Switch over to a heatproof rubber spatula and make sure you get all the dry ingredients in the corners of the pan incorporated well.
- Now add the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until you reach a small boil. Lower the heat and let boil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute the most. Take off the heat, add the vanilla and stir. Now add in the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Switch back over to the whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the pitcher or measuring cup and pour into 8 small dessert dishes.
- The mixture will thicken even more as it cools. You can eat this warm or place plastic wrap over surface and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Serve with chopped almonds or nuts of your choice or with a sprinkling of cocoa powder for a nice presentation. Enjoy this very rich treat!
Fabulous Pudding Inspired Recipes: