If you have been on our site before, you will see we have a few French toast recipes. They were a huge hit with viewers. Recently someone asked me to make her favorite childhood breakfast, which was a cream cheese and jelly sandwich. So, I decided to make one but in French toast form and to use an all-natural jam with no added sugar. It came out great and I’m happy to share it with our viewer and all of you.
Nutrition: calories 248, fat 4.8 g, carbs 42.5 g, fiber 13.5 g, sugars 17 g, sodium 402.3 mg, protein 14.9 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 6
Cream Cheese And Jam French Toast For One
- 2 slices Whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or store brand
- 1/4 cup light unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or 1% milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all fruit strawberry jam, or any flavor you like
- 1-2 tsp water
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- A few drops Stevia or 1 packet Stevia, or 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon sugar for the top
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs along with the milk, salt, vanilla extract, Stevia, and 3/4 tsp cinnamon. Use a whisk to really get the mixture nice and fluffy and well combined. Set aside for just a minute or so.
- Take the two slices of bread and on one side spread the cream cheese and on the other spread 1 tablespoon of the jam. Close up. Do not cut just yet.
- Now, take the sandwich and dunk into the egg mixture. Turn it over a few times and let it get a good soak.
- Have a non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Let warm up. Place the sandwich in the pan and let it cook for a few minutes. With a thin spatula, you can peek under to see if it’s ready to turn. Before you do that, spay the top of the side that’s facing up and then flip over.
- If you have to keep flipping over a few times, that’s fine. You want the cream cheese and jam to melt and be soft and gooey. Yum!
- When done take out of the pan and place right on the serving plate. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. You don’t have to drain on paper towels like you would other French toast because all that’s on there is cooking spray.
- Slice in half or anyway you want and then in a small microwave bowl, take the remaining jam and heat up with a teaspoon of water for about 5 seconds. Take out; stir, if you need to put back in for a couple of seconds do this until it’s nice and smooth and warm.
Serve this with your delicious French toast and enjoy this as a meal or snack.
Fabulous Breakfast Recipes: