I made this treat for my son Josh while I was waiting for him to come home from school. After he finished it (he gobbled this down in no time at all) he said “Mommy, can you make this for me every day?” – he’s my cute little man. Make this treat for someone special (and I hope that includes you too). One more thing about this great treat: it is loaded with protein and fiber so on top of being yummy, it’s really healthy too!
Nutrition: calories 198.2, fat 4.8 g, carbs 24.6 g, fiber 6.5 g, sugar 4.1 g, sodium 332.6 mg, protein 17.1 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or any light bread)
- 2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter or regular peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters (or any store brand egg substitute)
- 3-4 tbsp. milk, almond milk or soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spread peanut butter on the bread.
- Sprinkle the mini chips over one slice of bread. Close sandwich.
In a wide bowl, mix up the Egg Beaters along with the milk of your choice.
- Now dip your sandwich in the egg mixture. I try to use up all of the liquid.
- Have a non-stick pan ready misted with cooking spray (either regular or butter flavored). Keep the temperature at medium on the stove top.
Place your sandwich on the pan and press very lightly with a thin spatula. Spray the top of the sandwich with the cooking spray and be ready to turn it over.
- Turn over when you check to see the bottom is brown. Cook for a few more minutes or until brown on the other side. You can press down again but do so very gently. Remove, cut in half and ENJOY this gooey treat!