Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
I really like using my slow cooker, sweet and savory. It does the trick. This dish was so easy, I just threw together what I had in the pantry and freezer.
Slow Cooker Pantry Chicken Baby Spinach
- 4 skinless, bones removed chicken breast
- 1 package store bought baby spinach, already washed
- 1/2 bag baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 clove frozen or fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker, sprinkle with salt, pepper, dried basil, garlic, onion and turmeric powders. Add chopped onions and crushed garlic.
- Add chicken stock and crushed tomatoes.
- Turn to high and let cook for about 6 to 8 hours. You will know it's ready when the chicken is nice and tender and cooked through with no pink spots.
- About an hour before finished, add baby spinach. Let wilt down and soften but still keep its vibrant color.
Fabulous Chicken Casserole Dinner Recipes:
Chicken Casserole with Pineapple and Garlic
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Casserole
Crockpot Chicken And Veggies
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/slow-cooker-pantry-chicken-baby-spinach/