So Easy Lo Mein
We like going out for Chinese food, who doesn’t? Here’s an easy recipe that’s healthy and really delicious. You may even skip a Sunday night out after the family tries this recipe. This is also great for company, it doubles easily. Enjoy!
- 8 ounce package spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 package frozen mixed veggies, slightly thawed
- 1/2 package frozen edamame, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or fresh
- black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- About 1/8 cup veggie or chicken stock
- 1/8 cup cooking water
- Sesame seeds
- Diced cooked chicken, steak, tofu, optional
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, optional for garnish
- Cook spaghetti according to directions for al dente, when finished drain and keep warm. Save a little cooking water, about 1/8 cup. Set aside.
- In a large non stick pan, pour in canola and start to sauté the onion and garlic, add ginger,red and black pepper, then all the veggies along with Little Soya sauce. Stir fry until all is coated with oil and hot. Add stock and cooking water, cook until boiling. Then add sesame oil. Toss to coat again for a few minutes. Sprinkle in about one tablespoon of the sesame seeds. Mix gently and stir fry for another minute or two.
- Now, pour into pot of spaghetti and toss with tongs or a fork and spoon. When completely incorporated, place in serving bowl and sprinkle on more sesame seeds. Eat up!!
Do you love pasta dinners? Here are a few more recipes:
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pasta with Lemon Sage Butter
One Pot Macaroni and Cheese with Apples and Bacon
Bolognese with Orecchiette
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/so-easy-lo-mein/