When I lived in Atlanta many years ago, I was invited to a friends house for lunch. She served the most refreshing iced tea I had ever had. It was sweet but not too sweet and I knew it didn’t just taste like sugar sweetened. Once she told me what was in the tea, I tasted the honey and asked her for the recipe. Now, I make this regularly and if raspberries are not in season, I use frozen ones. Which, by the way, work even better. You will need less ice. This recipe is so easy to prepare and so refreshingly delightful. Enjoy anytime of year, especially on a warm day. Adjust the honey to your sweet liking. There are many types of honey out there that will give the tea a nice flavor, I highlighted the one I used for this recipe.
Southern Honey Raspberry Iced Tea
Serves 4 medium to large glasses of tea
- 2 cups freshly brewed tea, I used Lipton Decaf
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup Cran/Raspberry Juice, such as Ocean Spray
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 -3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, if frozen no sugar added
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1 – 2 cups ice cubes
- In a large heat proof pitcher, mix tea, water and juice until combined. Add honey and stir until dissolved.
- Chill until cold.
- Place ice cubes in pitcher and glasses along with raspberries.
- Pour, place some fun straws in and ENJOY!
**For an adult drink, you can add a splash of raspberry vodka.