This casserole is really easy to prepare and the kids and hubby got a big kick out of it. Surprise your family and eat up, it’s delish!
Spooky Eyeballs Casserole
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 jar approx. 25 ounce size of your favorite bottled marinara sauce
- 15 meatballs, I used Trader Joes frozen turkey meatballs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 15-18 small black olives, cut into slices
- Cut up peppers, about 1/2 cup, any colors
- Ketchup for drizzling, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, have a casserole or baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente. Try not to over cook and make too soft. Drain and pour into casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over pasta and gently mix in.
- Microwave the meatballs just until they are not frozen solid and cut up 6 of them into quarters and mix into pasta.
- Toss in the parmesan and grated cheddar along with the garlic powder. Mix gently. Now, mix in the cut up peppers.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until hot. You will probably see some bubbling. Take out, let sit on the counter for a few minutes.
- Place the cheese halves on top of each meatball then the olive. Now you can drizzle the ketchup around the cheese ball if you chose to. Have fun and enjoy!
More Magnificent Meatball Recipes: