This is a great super bowl recipe that the whole family will love while watching the “BIG” game on Sunday, and you don’t have to feel guilty about munching away! It has always been a crowd pleaser whenever I make it for my family, so give this a try and have fun rooting for your favorite team!
Nutrition: calories 181, fat 1.6 g, carbs 52 g, fiber 1.4 g, sugar 47.1 g, sodium 172 mg, protein 1.3 g,
Super Bowl Caramel Popcorn!
- 2 100 calorie air popped popcorn — when popped, remove 1 cup of the popcorn and enjoy it while you are preparing the rest of the recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Prepare popcorn using the directions on the bag. Line a cookie sheet with non stick foil and spray with cooking spray. Inspect the popcorn and remove any un-popped kernels. Place in the preheated oven.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir continually (we don’t want this to burn).
- After it boils, turn the heat down to low and do not stir for 3-5 minutes. You may want to take a heat proof rubber spatula and scrape down the sides of the saucepan if needed.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat entirely.
- Bake about 35-50 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes. This is an important step so the popcorn does not burn.
- When finished, cool completely. You may want to break apart some of the larger pieces before serving