If you have been on this site before you know we love pretzel snaps. There are a bunch for different occasions and holidays. Couldn’t pass up St. Patrick’s Day. With only a few ingredients and a few simple steps you can whip these little snaps up in no time at all. The sweet and salty go so well together. A great combo when you are in a snack mood. These are great for a game day too. Swap your favorite team colors with the sprinkles. Have a happy and safe holiday.
Sweet & Salty St. Patrick’s Day Pretzel Snaps
- Pretzel Snaps
- Hershey Kisses
- Hershey Hugs
- Green Sprinkles, Nonpareils, Edible Confetti, or Sugar Crystals – All work great
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside for just a few minutes.
- While the oven is heating up. Unwrap the Hugs and Kisses and get your sprinkles opened, pour into small bowls if needed and have a teaspoon on hand.
- Lay out the pretzel snaps on lined cookie sheet. Place a Hug and Kiss in the center of each snap and bake for about 3 to 4 minutes. You will see the chocolate get shiny. Try not to over heat the chocolate.
- Take out of the oven and carefully place cookie sheet on cooling rack on counter. Now, toss sprinkles over each chocolate snap. Let sit on counter to cool completely.
- When they are completely cooled, place in fridge for 15 minutes. then store in an air tight container or zip lock bag. They will stay for up to 4 days on the counter (If they last that long).
Calculations are approximate per snap, cal 48.3, fat 2.3 g, carbs 5.1 g, fiber .2 g, sugars 3.9 g, protein .5 g
Note: All highlighted ingredients are ones I used for this recipe, they are only suggestions.