Crockpot recipes usually allow the meat to cook 8 hours on low which is perfect for my daily schedule. I have discovered for those that cook for a shorter amount of time I can use frozen meat to extend the time. I did just that with this recipe and it came out perfect! Most of it fell apart because it was so tender, which is just how I like it.
Tender Apricot Pork Roast
- 3 lb pork roast, frozen
- 10 1/2 oz. can condensed chicken broth
- 18 oz. jar apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix broth, preserves, onion and mustard
- Place meat into a 6 quart crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, or until tender
- Remove roast and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting
- Thicken the juices turn the crockpot to high and mix 2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water. Stir in cornstarch mixture until incorporated. Simmer for 10 minutes or until juices thicken., stirring occasionally.