If you were to go to your favorite bakery or coffee shop, a brownie there could be up to 500 calories or more! Try these; I know you will love them! I make them all the time for my family and friends. My daughter loves baking these when her friends come over. Sometimes they go so fast they need to make another batch!
Nutrition: 12 servings – calories 118.3, fat 5, fiber 1.3, carbs 18, protein 3, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 3
The Best Low Fat, Low Calorie Brownies!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I use Dutch but regular is fine also)
- 1/2 tea baking powder
- 1/4 tea salt
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 Tab unsalted butter (melt the chocolate and butter in microwave for about 30 seconds, stir and put back in for another 30 seconds if needed. Let cool for a few minutes. )
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white (slightly beat the two together)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp low fat sour cream, not fat free
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Extra syrup for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper or tin foil. Leave some hanging over two sides for easy lifting.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- Whisk in the sugar with the egg and egg white along with the sour cream. After this is all mixed up add the chocolate syrup.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread out to the edges of the pan. Make sure it’s even all around.
- Bake about 20-23 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs.
- Let cool an hour on a wire rack.
- Lift up and peel off the parchment paper and cut into 12 squares.