Here is a really fast and delicious recipe that I make a few times a week for my family. I love buying the bags of frozen vegetables that are steamed in the microwave. The name brands or store brands are all good. Just make sure the package only says the vegetables in the ingredients. Enjoy this healthy side dish.
Nutrition: calories 61.5, fat 4.7 g, carbs 3 g, fiber 1.4 g, sugars 1.3 g, sodium 110 mg, protein .7 g, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 1
The Easiest Broccoli Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 1 package, 1 pound size frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil vegetable spray, a few sprays
- 1 or 1 garlic cloves sliced thinly or minced for extra garlic flavor
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 or 2 squeezes of a fresh lemon, optional
- Place bag of veggies in the microwave and steam for 3 minutes, the bag will say 4-5 minutes. Don't steam that long, only for 3 minutes.
- Heat a large non stick pan on medium and add the olive oil, spray and garlic and cook just until you smell the garlic, now add in the veggies, stir around to coat with the oil. Cook for about 3 minutes, Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and pepper flakes if using.
- Plate your veggies and squeeze a little lemon juice for a burst of freshness.
More Enticing Vegetable Side Dish Recipes:
Baked Panko Zucchini Crisps
Baked Coconut Sweet Potato Fries
Baked Tomato Parmesan