I love lemons. They smell so fresh and give foods a pop of flavor. Lemons have many uses. Here are some that are just great.
- To prevent cauliflower from turning brown after cooking, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice over and not only will the veggies tastes wonderful, they won’t turn brown.
- We all love guacamole, you want it to stay nice and green before you serve it. Sprinkle a generous amount into your mixture. Mix and then sprinkle again. Cover, you should be good to go when ready to serve. Great for sprinkling over apples and pears too.
- To freshen your fridge naturally, ( especially if there is a nasty smell from old food) squeeze lemon juice onto a cotton ball and place on one of the shelves for several hours. Make sure you remove any foods that may have been the culprit.
- To clean a grater after sticky foods like cheese or onions, rinse the grater in cool water then, grate a cut lemon ( the pulp) over all sides. Rinse again and wash as normal.
- You just made a smoothie, you didn’t realize that the berries were now all over your hands and fingers. No big deal. Rub a cut lemon with as much juice you can squeeze out all over your fingers and hands. Wait just a few minutes then wash off with warm soapy water. This should do the job.
- Want softer elbows? Mix up some lemon juice with a little baking soda. Make a paste and rub a dub onto your elbow to exfoliate. Do this for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water and moisturize with a rich cream.
Hope these tips are something that will be helpful to you.