These wonderful scones are a staple in my home. I make them many Sundays all year round. My husband just loves them and so do my kids. I serve a large fruit salad (whatever is in season for the time of year) with these scones and everyone is happy. Why don’t you give this easy recipe a try? I think it will become a staple in your home too.
Nutrition Without the Glaze: calories 161, fat 3.4 g, carbs 30 .4 g, fiber less than 1 g, sugars 11.2 g, sodium 284 mg, protein 2.6 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Nutrition With the Glaze: calories 176.9, fat 3.4 g, carbs 34.6 g, fiber less than 1 g, sugars 15.1 g, sodium 284 mg, protein 2.6 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
- 3 cups Bisquick I used Heart Smart mix
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cold stick butter
- 3/4 cup milk, almond milk works great in this recipe too
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 level tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, cut up a little
For the optional glaze:
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cold water
- 1- 11/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray lightly. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl mix together the baking mix, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or two butter knives until mixture looks like course crumbs.
- Add in the milk, vanilla extract and the egg white.
- Add in the dried cranberries.
- Mix using a rubber spatula to make sure you get all the dry ingredients incorporated from the bottom of the bowl but do not over mix.
- Drop onto cookie sheet 1/4 cup for each scone. You should have 12 scones.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes. (If your cookie sheet will not fit in the freezer then place the bowl with the batter in the freezer before you place them on the cookie sheet but only for 5 minutes.)
- Bake about 10-14 minutes until golden brown. Turn the pan after 5 minutes for even baking.
- Remove from oven and pull parchment paper off the pan and onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm. If you are planning on using the glaze then prepare your glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and the liquid until nice and smooth then drizzle over the warm scones and serve right away and enjoy!
More Fabulous Pastry Recipes: