This recipe will only take you minutes to prepare and is so soothing and comforting. I like to serve this when company comes — instead of coffee or tea I walk out with a tray of mugs filled with this wonderful warm drink and everyone is always pleasantly surprised. Kids love it too and this has become a family favorite in my home, and I know it will be a huge hit in your home as well. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 156.1, fat 0.1 g, carbs 37 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 31 g, sodium 0.4 mg, protein 1.2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Warm You Up Apple Orange Cider
- 16 oz store bough apple cider — I use Martinelli’s which is sold in most markets
- 1 small tangerine or small orange, sliced
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the cider in a medium saucepan. Warm over low to medium heat.
- Stir in the apple pie spice and cinnamon. Stir well with a wire whisk.
- Now toss in the sliced orange and warm until hot but not boiling. Take off heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Mix gently but well with a spoon.
- Pour into 2 mugs and have the oranges divided so each mug has the same amount.
Of course if you want to make this more decadent you can add a dollop of whipped cream. The kids will love this too!
Enjoy These Other Delicious Beverage Recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Latte
Mood Boosting Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Smoothie