Hello friends, here is another granola bar recipe that was a huge hit with my family. I made these the other night. The whole family went to bed and I just was not tired. I went to the pantry and thought about making one of the granola bars that’s already on the blog. I started taking out ingredients and saw a brand new bag of organic sunflower seeds. So, I took it from there. My whole family was very happy to wake up to these. We all loved the nutty texture and still nice and moist. Give them a try. It’s an easy recipe and very wholesome.
Nutrition: calories 136.5, fat 7.3 g, carbs 17.2 g, fiber 2.4 g, sugars 8.9 g, sodium 10.3 mg, protein 3 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Wholesome Walnut Sunflower Seeds Granola Bars
- 1 3/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 2 tsp avocado oil, or any vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey, use a good quality
- A few drops all natural Stevia, to taste
- 1 tspvanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Spray again and set aside.
- Place the oats, wheat bran, walnuts and sunflower seeds on a cooking sheet. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Then set aside.
- Place the honey in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Just to loosen up a little.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the honey, oil and vanilla along with the salt and SweetLeaf.
- Add the toasted dry ingredients and mix gently to combine. Add in the dried cranberries.
- Pour into baking pan and with wax paper, press the mixture to make sure you level out and covers the pan.
- Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes. You will see the top will be lightly browned. Try not to over bake.
- Place on a cooking rack. Let cool down at least 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Healthy Snack Bar Recipes: